Saturday, August 4, 2007


Just a short ‘funny’ blog for you

Pilar (our interpreter) came round this morning to pick up my medical card ready for her to get my medication in preparation for the ‘bowel camera’

I offered her a drink and she reclined saying “Oh no, I have hot tea” As she only had her handbag with her, I assumed she may have answered in ' typical Spanish English', I asked if she took milk and sugar, she repeated that she has hot tea, opening her quite large bag she pulled out a plastic 1 pint plastic water bottle filled with black hot tea! I could not stop laughing as I told her about our bag contents fun, she promptly told me to get my pen. She had:
I pint of hot black tea
A screw driver (for her gate!)
Large fan
Cooling spray
The biggest ever address book
A very heavy looking file a fax
A phone
A note book and pen
A Spanish/English dictionary that was very large and heavy.
A red triangular scarf that she told me belonged to her large dog that died two months ago,

she swallowed a ball and they had to operate to remover it but her kidneys failed and she died three days later. She was a lovely large dog that we have met several times. Only four years old. :O(

She had many other things but but as she had started to cry we never continued.

The hot tea beat you all I think!!

4 comments:

weechuff said...

Yes, I think so too! See we are not the only ones to cram half our home into a handbag!

granny grimble said...

How long would her hot tea stay hot in a plastic bottle! I bet other people pack all sorts of things in their bags. One man tents, bunches of artificial daffodils, last week's unfinished sarnies, stuffed animals! Yes I bet there are a lot worse than us out there. This could be a new hobby, stopping people in the street and asking them to turn out their bags!!!

Babs (Beetle) said...

Hot tea! Now that's what you call being prepared for any situation!

Croom said...

Granny Grimble:

It will stay hot for the day in Spain!

Cold water ends up boiling by the end of the day if not drunk!!